Rick believes in community service, as such he has been a volunteer with various organizations for a number of years. Activities include being a graduate and active member of the Plano Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association (PCPAAA), Citizens Assisting Plano Police (CAPP) and the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT). Most recently he was selected to attend and graduated from the Plano Citizens Academy (PCA). The PCA is a twelve month civic education program offered by the City of Plano that provides insight into the daily operations of various city departments. This provided a good opportunity to understand the challenges City employees face as they deliver services for the citizens of Plano. In addition to his city related volunteer work, Rick serves as a member of his Homeowner’s Association (HOA) Board, Crime Watch Coordinator and Lead for the neighborhood’s “Nextdoor” Website service. He is also a member of the Board of Directors for AARP chapter 2304, an active NRA member, NRA Certified Instructor and graduate of the Collin County Citizens Sheriff’s Academy (CCCSA).
Rick is now seeking to be of greater service to his community as a neighborhood advocate on the Plano City Council. This is important to Rick because he believes that the majority of current elected city leaders have forgotten who they serve – you the taxpayers. It is time for fresh leadership that will respect the voices of the taxpayers who elect them. Rick is committed to putting his leadership experience, common sense and dedication to serving his community to work for the taxpayers of Plano by serving as City Councilman for Place 8.
Rick has served as President for Advanced Home Theater Systems, Inc (AHTS) in Plano since founding the company in 1995. Under his leadership AHTS has been nationally recognized twice for its work. Prior to forming AHTS Rick served for several years as both Vice President and later Senior Vice President of Business Development for a national healthcare company. He and his family have lived in Plano and been homeowners for three decades.
- Plano Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association
- Citizens Assisting Plano Police
- Community Emergency Response Team
- Plano Citizens Academy, 2016
- Collin County Citizens Sheriffs Academy
- HOA Board of Directors
- HOA Crime Watch Coordinator
- Lead – Nextdoor Neighborhood Website
- Collin County AARP Chapter 2304, Board of Directors
- Be responsive to the TAXPAYERS of Plano – you are the boss
- Modify Plano Tomorrow Plan to ensure neighborhood friendly developments – not massive high density apartment projects that increase traffic congestion and response times for our public safety providers
- Unwavering support for our Police, Fire and First Responders
- Ensure financial transparency to make it easy for taxpayers to know where their tax dollars are being spent
- Reduce our Effective Tax Rate to provide property tax relief to the citizens of Plano, especially our Senior Citizens