Rick was first elected in 2017 to serve as City Councilman for Place 8 and in 2019 was unanimously elected by Council to serve as your Mayor Pro Tem for a one year term. In addition to his leadership role on City Council he has been a volunteer with various organizations for a number of years. Activities include being a graduate and active member of the Plano Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association (PCPAAA), Citizens Assisting Plano Police (CAPP) and the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT). He also graduated from the Plano Citizens Academy (PCA). This provided a good opportunity to understand the challenges City employees face as they deliver services for the citizens of Plano. In addition to his city related volunteer work, Rick serves as a member of his Homeowner’s Association (HOA) Board, Crime Watch Coordinator and Lead for the neighborhood’s “Nextdoor” Website service. He is also a active NRA member, NRA Certified Instructor and graduate of the Collin County Citizens Sheriff’s Academy (CCCSA).
Rick is seeking to continue serving his community as a neighborhood advocate on the Plano City Council. This is important to Rick because he understands that the taxpayers are the boss – not the other way around. Let’s continue with leadership that respects the voices of the taxpayers who elect them. Rick will continue to put his leadership experience, common sense and dedication to serving his community to work for the taxpayers of Plano.
Rick has served as President for Advanced Home Theater Systems, Inc (AHTS) in Plano since founding the company in 1995. Under his leadership AHTS has been nationally recognized twice for its work. Prior to forming AHTS Rick served for several years as both Vice President and later Senior Vice President of Business Development for a national healthcare company. He and his family have lived in Plano and been homeowners for thirty-four years.
- Plano Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association
- Citizens Assisting Plano Police
- Community Emergency Response Team
- Plano Citizens Academy, 2016
- Collin County Citizens Sheriffs Academy
- HOA Board of Directors
- HOA Crime Watch Coordinator
- Lead – Nextdoor Neighborhood Website
COMMITMENTS MADE – RESULTS DELIVERED
- Responsive to the residents of Plano – you are the boss
- Delivered first Effective Tax Rate in 24 years to provide property tax relief to the
residents of Plano
- Unwavering support for our Police & Fire and Rescue
- Ensured neighborhood friendly developments – not massive high density projects
that increase traffic congestion and response times for our public safety providers
- Senior Recreation Center $8mm Renovation completed
- Protected Small Business by limiting overburdening regulation
- Promoted financial transparency to make it easy for taxpayers to know where their
tax dollars are being spent